Sunday, July 29, 2007

Night No: 8 (In English and Spanish-Juan Parra del Riego)

Poem Four

ENGLISH VERSION

Translated from the Spanish to the English, by Rosa Peñaloza de Siluk and Edited by Dennis L. Siluk (Poet Laureate)



Night Nro. 8


Hurting in the moon, the road fades away
I am going to feel more today your soul, there;
Hurting in the moon that looks and waits for me
and gives its lonely carrier pigeon
memories that belong to you.
I look at the mysterious loneliness in the sky
and nothing is deeper than your love,
a dancer of bitterness, a tap dancer on ice.
Oh! Syrian, you are the sweet violinist of the sky!
Here, makes me understand you better.
For you are the light that trembles there:
I go alone. I go tired. I go blind. I go lost.
And this night of the moon, which has soundless music
it is as if your soul is put deep into a nest
and my weeping goes without end.
With my black hat awash in the moon
I tell you of my suffering.
I shall ask death for more dread to unite us…
I shall ask life for pleasant fortune
with kisses of madness and trembling.
I will tell you the history of a wandering man
that one day he launched into a bitter world.
He was the happy young wayfarer when he left
Later, bent and sad, and more out of breath
his bleeding heart, returned.
He neither became a dreamer nor learned humorist
for those who only wish to deceive.
In life he saw the abyss was oblivion
and his great secret was to be always himself
and with a warm soul waiting….
And he saw that love was the obvious path
and for that, it was essential to survive;
—oh, much-loved, the sweetest, who encourages—
I that have departed in your soul have come to face you
yet I already realize why I have to live.
Before the moon, I know why I tremble as I poet
the time being of Musset and Jorge Sand;
in my restless city, I sometimes more than pace
I look for intimate dark quant plazas
where other warm things are.
and why my soul vibrates when I look upon a few flowers
and in the faint and blue late afternoon
words of color hum in my head.
And by the jeweler’s shop, wet with brilliancies
I remain frail, as a woman.
And why, I am slower in my steps and ways
and in all, my soul knots and twists with emotion;
and there under the pines, are night guitars
in this hour comes the big sea twilights
I have a mysterious restlessness.

Spanish Version

Nocturno Nro. 8

Dolorida en la luna se va la carretera.
Me voy a sentir más hoy tu alma allí;
dolorido en la luna que me mira y espera
y da su solitaria paloma mensajera
que va como acordándose de ti.
Miro las soledades misteriosas del cielo
y nada es más profundo que tu amor,
bailarín de amargura, zapateador de hielo,
tú eres, ¡oh! Sirio, dulce violinista del cielo!
lo que me ha comprendido aquí mejor.
Pero tú eres la luz que tiembla allá:
Voy solo. Voy cansado. Voy ciego. Voy perdido.
Y esta noche de luna, que es música sin ruido
me va poniendo tu alma como en un hondo nido
sobre mi sollozante eternidad.
Con mi sombrero negro empapado en la luna
yo te contaré todo mi dolor…
Le pediré a la muerte más pavor que nos una…
le pediré a la vida más caliente fortuna
de besos, de locura y de temblor.
Yo te contaré toda mi historia de hombre errante
que un día al mundo amargo se lanzó.
Era al partir alegre el joven caminante,
más tarde, curvo y triste, pero más anhelante
su corazón, sangriento, regresó.
Y no se hizo filósofo ni aprendió el humorismo
de los que sólo quieren engañar.
Vio que en la vida sólo el olvido es el abismo
y que su gran secreto es ser siempre uno mismo
y con el alma cálida, esperar…
Y vio que el amor era la única ruta clara
y que por eso sólo hay que existir;
-¡oh, amada la más dulce, la que aclara y ampara!-
yo que he partido en tu alma y he llegado en tu cara
ya sé para qué tengo que vivir.
Sé por qué ante la luna tiemblo como un poeta
del tiempo de Musset y Jorge Sand;
y a veces más que el ritmo de mi ciudad inquieta
busco las sombras íntimas de alguna plazoleta
donde otras cosas íntimas están.
Y por qué mi alma vibra cuando miro unas flores
y en el fino y azul atardecer
en mi cabeza zumban palabras de colores,
y ante las joyerías, mojado de fulgores,
me quedo fino como una mujer.
Y porqué hago mi paso más lento en los caminos
y en todo enreda mi alma su emoción;
y bajo las guitarras nocturnas de los pinos
en la hora de los grandes crepúsculos marinos
tengo una misteriosa agitación.

No comments: